Mom used to make this dip a lot when we had guests over. I used to just love dipping in the carrots sticks and crisp pita toasts in this yummy and healthy snack. I've been making it quite often these last couple of weeks. My only change and addition is the fresh garlic which makes it taste a lot like Tzatziki. It gives it a nice kick and hopefully wards off some colds, which we are so prone to at this time of the year.
- 1 cup of labneh/greek yogurt/hung curd cheese ( you can substitute part cottage cheese for a protein boost)
- 1 small carrot peeled
- 1 small cucumber peeled
- 1/4 of red pepper
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- couple of pinches sugar
- 1 glove garlic (optional)
- lemon juice (use it if the yogurt isn't tangy enough)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder (optional)
Place the veggies and garlic in a food processor and process till finely minced. Mix everything together. Season to taste. Serve with toasted pitas or veggies. It also makes a great sandwich spread.
This pretty peachy dip goes to Aparna , she's hosting Sunshine Mom's FIC- Orange this month.